Photo by starsoftrinity
Frozen Oods, now conveniently located in the underwear aisle.
Always see “real women” posts so here’s one for the dudes.
this says so much. I wish there were more posts like this. please.
body positivity and realistic body standards are important for guys too!
Men are constantly reassured that it’s okay to oogle women and harrass them about their looks. Women rarely see sexualized images of men that are made for women.
Guys get eye candy everywhere they go. Their sexual gaze is constantly catered to. Women, at least hetero women, are rarely given the opportunity to have their sexual interest entertained. We’re told that we should be okay with having nothing to look at. That our fantasies don’t matter. That we shouldn’t ever even remotely expect to be able to eyeball a svelte man in public, only behind closed doors and heaven forbid that the man look vulnerable. So we finally get to see images that turn us on and people are like, “Hey, you can’t put that in magazines! that might hurt some little boy’s feelings!”
Men are given alternative physical images to aspire to. Women are not.
While yes, guys should be treated to body positivity too… they already are. Just watch TV or any comedy and count the number of pudgy, out of shape, male leads vs pudgy, out of shape female leads. Or the number of hairy, overweight, older men making block buster movies vs the number of hairy, overweight, older women. Now count how many times that male character has some incredibly smart, sexy wife who does everything for him. And then how many times she’s the butt of the joke when he gets hot for some woman who’s younger and thinner than she is.
Fuck, just look at the responses to women not shaving their legs vs the responses to guys not shaving off their stubble.
Name six movies about a woman above the age of forty who’s love interest is a man that’s younger than she is where the plot doesn’t revolve around her being the butt of a cougar or mom joke. Now name me six where a man over the age of forty’s love interest is a woman who’s significantly younger than he is. Bonus points for action movies where anyone in the movie makes a mention of the age difference.
How many times are male politician or CEO’s body or style of dress put into question? How many times are female’s? Or has everyone forgotten how we flip out when the president’s wife gets a new hair cut? Or how Hillary Clinton had to have a FUCKING MAKE OVER before the news agencies took her seriously? How many times was her daughter raked over the coals for looking like an average teenager?
What’s more, I’ve never heard any of my female friends or my mother and her female friends saying, “Why can’t my 50 year old husband get a six pack like that?” What I USUALLY here is “I wish my husband would get a nice hair cut.” or “I wish he’d wear some nicer clothes that actually fit him.”
But what i hear overhear men saying all time is, “No fat chicks!” or “I wish my wife had bigger boobs.”
I know a woman who’s husband threatened to leave her if she didn’t get a face lift and a boob job- she was so upset that she did it. She felt disgusting every day because she wasn’t a size six and he expected her to be a size six after bearing him four kids. My own uncle said if his wife got overweight that he’d drag her behind a car until she lost weight. These aren’t even “bad guys”! They seem like perfectly nice men when you meet them! But they’re taught from the moment they’re kids that all women need to be a certain body type to be worthy of any attention.
Men are told through our culture’s stories and media that a woman will still love them unconditionally and throw themselves at them if they’re fat, old, balding, or an asshole, while women are told that if they’re pushy, fat, old or wearing out of style clothes that they aren’t even worth mentioning.
Reblogging for the commentary. Yes men have body issues, but their quality as a person isn’t directly connected to how near perfection their bodies are.
You missed a real chance to call it Doctor Screw, there…
Did I hear someone say Doctor Screw?
EVEN DOCTOR SCREW IS WEARING A LEATHER JACKET NINE YOU ARE SO FUCKIN NAKED
I actually kind of love this scene, and I think for the most part it speaks for itself… so just don’t understand how Destiel shippers are upset about it! I read it as entirely supportive of a Dean and Cas relationship. And here’s why:
Cas is wearing a somewhat cheeky look when he brings up April because he knows it will perturb Dean. And the first thing that Dean remembers about her is that Cas had sex with her. So, Cas knows he’s struck a chord just like he had been predicting and (I’d say somewhat mockingly, yet acting quite innocently) says “Yeah, and you stabbed.” (Like that’s another thing you might remember about her Dean, if you cared less about who I was sleeping with.) And Dean picks up on the fact that Cas is taking a jab at him, hence the open-mouthed reaction and the glance at Sam (to see if he’s picking up on what Cas is really getting at). “She was hot,” Dean says, trying to lead the conversation back to safe territory. And I mean, I guess you can see it differently but Cas isn’t exactly hiding his eye roll when he responds, "So hot." Because all Cas knows about “love” and relationships is what he’s learned from Dean, and although looks may be among the most important things to Dean, Cas mostly liked her because she was "very nice." And the next clip is Dean realizing just how far Cas exists outside and above the norms of our society. Cas liked April first and foremost for the person she was (//well who she was pretending to be//) rather than reasons that are normally highly valued: looks, conformity, etc. Cas doesn’t care about societal norms, I mean come on, he’s utterly indifferent to sexual orientation. And Dean is very caught up in this realization, jerking back into the moment and casting a wary glance at Sam before a dazed expression crosses his face once again.
And Sam! There is no better expression for watching your brother realize that it’s perfectly fine to be head-over-heels in love with the guy sitting next to him. As if the whole exchange wasn’t incriminating enough, it’s Sam’s reactions to the whole situation that solidify my opinion of this scene. I mean, he’s playing the awkward third-wheel perfectly! What other way can it be described?
As for that last gif… “Not every hook up’s perfect." Need I elaborate? You can read it as a reminder or a promise (**that smile, though**), but one thing’s for sure… Dean and Cas are desperately, hopelessly, dewy-eyed, rosy-cheeked, perfectly in love.
Who doesn’t want free stuff?
- Must be following me! (I will be checking if the winner is following me)
- For an even better chance of winning you can follow my other blogs here and here!
- Reblog this post! You can reblog as many times as you want because it will increase your chances
- You can like the post as a bookmark, but you won’t win if you don’t reblog
- You have until January 15th, 2014 to reblog this post
- I will choose a winner (at random) on January 16th and message the winner
- If the winner doesn’t reply within a week then I will choose another winner
- This giveaway will be shipped to any where in the world and may have to come in 2 separate packages!
- Good luck!
- (For clothing items, if you need a different size I will exchange it and send the right size!)
- ** = new / never used
- 3 Forever 21 beanies ** (One size fits all)
- 1 pair of combat boots bought at Lord and Taylor’s ** (Size 8)
- 1 electric blue leather jacket from Forever 21 ** (Size Small)
- 1 denim hoodie from Target ** (Size Small)
- 2 Fifth Harmony posters
- Fifth Harmony’s Better Together - EP **
- Fifth Harmony’s autographed Juntos / Better Together - EP (spanish)
- One Direction Harry cover Teen Vogue magazine
- Tiger Beat magazine (includes several different posters)
- Seventeen Ultimate Guide to Style book **
- Lauren Conrad Beauty book
- Lauren Conrad Style book
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green **
- Looking for Alaska by John Green **
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chybosky **
- PS VITA with 32 GB of memory (screen protector included) **
- 2 PS VITA cases (travel pouch and leather case) **
- PS VITA cradle **
- 4 PS VITA games (Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Need for Speed, and Jak & Daxter) **
- PS VITA game case (holds up to 8 games & 2 memory cards)
- Pink Beats by Dr. Dre (comes with everything included in the box) **
- 16 GB iPad
- 7 iPhone 4/4s cases
- 16 GB silver iPhone 5S **
- 2 iPhone 5S cases (Otterbox and Speck) **
- 5 Screen Protectors (back and front) **
- iPhone 5S adapter (allows you to use iPhone 4 chargers) **
- Travel battery pack for iPhones or any other devices that use a USB **
- Choose a 100$ gift card to any store of your choosing
- Blog makeover (If you want)
- Midnight Memories CD **
GOOD LUCK! REMEMBER THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS JANUARY 15TH SO REBLOG AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT UNTIL THEN AND MAKE SURE YOU’RE FOLLOWING ME, I WILL BE CHECKING! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THEN MESSAGE ME HERE! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!
Will you be the John to my Sherlock?
Will you be the Cas to my Dean?
I’ll be Kirk and you can be Spock
And we’ll beat all the other tag teams
You’re the Ginny to my Harry
The Hermione to my Ron
John Winchester to Mary
Carry on my Wayward Son
You’re the Katniss to my Peta
And the Hazel to my Gus
The Derek to my Stiles
And the Rachel to my Ross
You’re the Scott to my Isaac
And Kim Possible to Ron
You’ll be the Spike to my Buffy
By the end of this song
The Cecil to my Carlos
And the Sam to my Gabe
You’re the Doctor to my TARDIS
Cause you are sexy, babe
You’re the Harkness to my Ianto
The Tony to my Steve
the 10 to my Rose
Which I would never leave
The Thor to my Loki
The Crowley to my Hell
The Will to my Hannibal
The Beast to my Bell
You’re the John to my Sherlock
And the Cas to my Dean
I’m Kirk and you are Spock
And We’re the best OTP
if someone sang this to me there is a 310% chance i wiould marry them